xsl-list

not having all the children of an element in the output

2003-12-30 05:04:52
Hi! This is a pretty basic question, so I hope you won't mind me posting it here.

I have an XML doc which contains certain marked terms and has notes attached next to them, like this:

I am having problems designing an xsl template which will output:

i.e. which will include only one of the two possible children elements... Everything I do outputs either both <term> and <note> OR neither one of them... What's the trick?

Many thanks in advance,

Toma