xsl-list

Re: how to estimate speed of a transformation

2003-12-11 05:27:26
On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:04:39AM +0100, Agnes Kielen wrote:
Hi,
At this moment I'm writing for my company a paper about the performance of
stylesheet processing. It covers items like generation of the  xml,
embedding of the xslt processing in the application but also some simple
tricks about xslt syntax. Such as use xsl:key. according Michael Kay's book
'it is likely to make access faster' (page 244 second edition). Furthermore

  Well if you take the fact that node-set() are new document, taht people
use them as if they were actually aliases, keys must be recomputed on
any new node-set(), having a lot of keys can actually end up being quite
costly.

Daniel

daniel(_at_)veillard(_dot_)com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |