xsl-list

RE: write in a text file

2003-12-09 10:17:39
-----Original Message-----
From: Iris Benjamin

I first wanted to use a data base, but it looks like one has to run a java
command to execute SQL queries.
Is it possible that the queries are run while the XSLT file transforms the
XML file ?

Well, that's the idea... Database transactions usually require a connection
to a DB. You specify which JDBC driver will be used to make the connection
while the XML is being transformed (Saxon or Xalan, being Java apps, will
create the connection if the values you specify in your XML or XSL are
correct --maybe MS has a similar tool to use ODBC to connect to Access??? ).

Otherwise, I will need to save everything in a text file... boring...

Hmmm... What other approach were you thinking of...?

;)

Cheers,

Andreas