xsl-list

write in a text file

2003-12-09 02:33:20

Hello

I ve got an XSLT file that treats an XML file to display it in a HTML
format.
At the same time, I would like to save some of the datas of the XML file
(element, valA, valB), and some extra datas that I calculate in the XSLT
file (A+B) --> everything in a text file

So that I would obtain a text file such as : name of element, value of A,
value of B, A+B
Peter 5 3 8
John 4 2 6

I first wanted to use a data base, but it looks like one has to run a java
command to execute SQL queries.
Is it possible that the queries are run while the XSLT file transforms the
XML file ?
Otherwise, I will need to save everything in a text file... boring...

thanks a lot