xsl-list

Ann: Freeware 'XSLT Documentation'-tool

2003-12-09 00:40:34
Hello list,

About year ago I created for my own convenience several stylesheets to help me
with documenting my project stylesheets. These tylesheets became the basis of a
small tool, that I call 'XSLT Documentation'-tool. This tool has the following
characteristics:
- Self-documenting stylesheets
- Production stylesheets without documentation
- HTML-files from the documentation within the stylesheets

Tool features are:
- All documentation-elements are in a seperate namespace.
- All documentation-elements are at the top-level, so no fallback is

necessary.
- During development and testing it is possible to use the stylesheet with
documentation nodes.
- Removing of all the documentation-nodes is possible with a stylesheet named
createProduction.xsl.
- Extraction of all the documentation-elements is possible with a
stylesheet named createDocumentation.xsl.
- Creation of an HTML-page from the documentation-XML with a stylesheet named
docToHtml.xsl.

The tool includes a DTD and an explanation. It can be found at
www.kielen.com. Good luck with it all.

Regards,
Agnes Kielen

PS: With thanks to Dave Pawson who was so kind to check my English.