xsl-list

RE: Browse xml files in folders

2003-12-09 06:05:07
PS:note that every child folder also contains a .xslt file containing
the information I need. That means that I may import .xml or .xslt
from every child folder, and it would be perfect.

You mean you are using different stylesheet for different folder?
Normally, your xml should contain the information while xslt is just to
make its look and feel.

How can I do something like a loop to browse all the child folder of
the current directory, and include (or import) each of the XML files
in my .XSLT ?

Write a java program or any script which will record the folder
structure first and then use document() function to bring your xml
document to the main style sheet

Hope this helps.

/s

-----Original Message-----
From: Iris Benjamin
[mailto:Benjamin(_dot_)Iris(_at_)bwg1(_dot_)siemens(_dot_)de]
Sent: 08 December 2003 12:15
To: 'xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] Browse xml files in folders

Hello

My .xslt file is in a directory FatherFolder
I would like to browse all the Children Folders of FatherFolder. Each
child folder contains a file A.xml (the name is the same in each child
folder, the XML structure is also the same, but the values of attributes
differ).

How can I do something like a loop to browse all the child folder of the
current directory, and include (or import) each of the XML files in my
.XSLT ?

PS:note that every child folder also contains a .xslt file containing
the information I need. That means that I may import .xml or .xslt from
every child folder, and it would be perfect.

Thanks a lot

Benjamin

This message has been scanned for all viruses by BTnet VirusScreen. The
service is delivered in partnership with MessageLabs.

This service does not scan any password protected or encrypted
attachments.

If you are interested in finding out more about the service, please
visit our website at
http://www.btignite.com/internetservices/btnet/products_virusscreen.htm