xsl-list

Re: Encoding attribute

2004-01-30 09:34:52
Fran schrieb:

Its a bit silly mad question because depending on the browser it shows me
differents character with the same XSL code.
My IE has ISO West by default and it shows "€" character only when I change
after to UTF-8 and Netscape 7.1 has by default the same codification but
shows the correct character when I change to ISO-8859-15 codification.
No, it's simple:
- ISO Latin 1 (aka ISO-8859-1, what M$ calls ISO West)
has no euro sign.
- ISO Latin 9 (aka ISO-8859-15) is basically the same as Latin 1, but some characters changed, and the euro sign has been added [1].
- UTF-8 is a unicode character set, and unicode has the euro sign.

Greets
Christian

[1] http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/latin9.html
--

"A truly outstanding programmer can find bugs
buried in a 6 megabyte core dump without using a hex calculator"