xsl-list

Re: Empty object

2004-01-28 07:08:16
Michael Kay wrote:

<OBJECT>&nbsp;</OBJECT> This nonbreaking space character is
needed to
keep the space in this element.

..snip...

I have included my xsl code and I am using a schema not a DTD.

So where is the &nbsp; entity defined? If it's not defined in a DTD,
then

<OBJECT>&nbsp;</OBJECT>

will not get through your XML parser.

Michael Kay

Also Michael is adding nbsp to a DTD that you have in your stylesheet the most generic and "best practice" for dealing with this specific issue.

I see other post about changing the &nbsp that are added to the xml input file to &#160; then testing for element that contain this nonbreaking space character ; when found <xsl:text disableoutputescaping>&amp;amp;nbsp;</xsl:text>.

Just want in your opinion the best way to deal with this issue so I can adopt it once and forget about it.

Sincerely,

Scott