xsl-list

Re: Empty object

2004-01-26 18:30:58
Michael Kay wrote:

You're going to have to explain yourself better.

What's the input?

What's the desired output?

What do you mean by "empty"?

What on earth has SAX got to do with it?

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com [mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of scott gabelhart
Sent: 25 January 2004 19:26
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Empty object

What is the best method for transforming empty objects that will parse sucessfully with SAX?

Example my current output contains

Thanks in advance.

- Scott

Michael,

my mistake SAX has nothing to do with my problem...rather Xalan.

My input xml file contains empty elements that I need to carry the corresponding attribute values for each of these empty elements.

Of course when my transform complete I am stuck with XHTML that contains my favorite NONbreaking Space character.
Need to have my XHTML output to contain

What is a best practice method for first determining if a element is empty; then replace that NONbreaking Space character with a character that will parse properly with Xalan?

Thanks in advance.

- Scott