xsl-list

Re: why exsl:node-set() is so slow

2004-01-16 13:51:33
I'm certainly a little surprised by this result. The transformations are
fairly simple, so I guess that if it's taking 150 seconds then the data
files must be quite large, which is presumably why they are not
included? I expect it boils down to a memory issue: temporary trees,
with most implementations, are going to be held in memory, while final
result trees are not.

Michael,

I was testing it on a subset of TEI (subsetting which was the origin of the
problem).
The data is not 'huge', however can be considered large. It is about 500,000
bytes,
and the Java Machine takes as little as 20Mb of RAM to process it (and my
computer
has 128M).

I'll repeat the tests with xhtml.rng, which is smaller; and on a different
computer.

And will be back with results.

David