xsl-list

Re: White space

2004-01-14 12:35:52
Ken,

Thanks for the response.  I'm afraid I'm still lost.

My xsl template is in fact structured as you suggest I just didn't think it
was necessary to set it out for the purposes of my post on white space.  I
do actually set it out in more detail in a later post.  The XSLT parts of my
template work without problem.  The only problem that I have is with white
space.  I have tried the suggestions made by both you and David and I just
can't get my template to produce white space.   David's has suggested that I
use <xsl:preserve-space elements="fo:*"/>
as a way of preserving white space in all fo elements.  Unfortunately, I
could not get this to work.

What I am looking for is a simple flag to set at the beginning of the xsl
template which will tell it to leave my white space alone.  I had, in fact,
already tried preserve space previously with no effect, but I thought I
would give David's suggestion a go, specifically aimed at fo elements.

Do you have any ideas why this may not be working and what else I can
possibly try?

Many thanks,

Mark Williams.

PS

Can you please tell me what it is I need to
do to the file below to make it render white space correctly at all
times.

Did you not think we were already trying to do so?

I do hope you dont think I was trying to suggest that you were not being
helpful.  I'm sure that both David and you are making the right suggestions,
it's just that I have insufficient understanding of xsl and need further
guidance.  I readily confess to finding the structure of xsl files somewhat
tricky.