xsl-list

RE: Can one stylesheet handle two different xml files with different nodes?

2004-01-14 12:33:21
This might be a case for using a "meta-stylesheet", i.e. a stylesheet
that transforms the stylesheet.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
kakridge(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net
Sent: 14 January 2004 17:17
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Can one stylesheet handle two different xml
files with different nodes?

If I have two xml files with identical structure, but with
different node names, I know I can write one Stylesheet to
handle both files. However, is there a more efficient way
then the following?  This seems pretty simple, but what if
the file is 3 or 4 megabytes?

For instance:

<ArrayOfBooks>
      <Book>
              <Title>FOO</Title>
      </Book>
</ArrayOfBooks>

and

<ArrayOfMagazines>
      <Magazine>
              <Title>FOOTOO</Title>
      </Magazine>
</ArrayOfMagazines>

With this Stylesheet:

<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="ArrayOfBooks | ArrayOfMagazines">
              <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Book | Magazine">
                      <xsl:value-of select="Title"/>