xsl-list

Re:

2004-01-09 23:37:00
I feel, a node-set function, along with Muenchian
Grouping technique, should solve the problem.
Muenchian Grouping is explained nicely at Dave
Pawson's site.

The <Grade> RTF (Result Tree Fragment), would be kept
as a nodeset. A second level of Muenhian grouping, if
applied to this nodeset, would solve the problem.

Regards,
Mukul

 --- kakridge(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net wrote: > I have been
having a problem with grouping.  If I
have:

<School>
      <Grade>
              <Students>
                      <Student>
                              <Name>Bob</Name>
                              <Tutor>Mary Smith</Tutor>
                      </Student>
                      <Student>
                              <Name>Joe</Name>
                              <Tutor>Mike Smith</Tutor>
                      </Student>
              <Students>
              <Name>Kindergarten</Name>
      </Grade>
      <Grade>
              <Students>
                      <Student>
                              <Name>Ted</Name>
                              <Tutor>Mary Smith</Tutor>
                      </Student>
                      <Student>
                              <Name>Sammy</Name>
                              <Tutor>Mike Smith</Tutor>
                      </Student>
              </Students>
              <Name>First</Name>
      </Grade>
</School>

How can I group each grade, and within each grade,
group all tutors with
their students?

Something like this:

Grade: Kindergarten