xsl-list

RE: Embedded Xsl

2004-02-25 22:06:48
If the XML parser you're using supports TrAX (see
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/07/02/trax.html), you can load the
XML file into memory once by transforming it to a SAX or DOM result.  Then
you can apply any number of transformations to it.

--
Roger L. Cauvin
roger(_at_)cauvin(_dot_)org
Cauvin, Inc.
http://www.cauvin-inc.com

-----Original Message-----
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:21:48 -0500
From: Dipesh Khakhkhar <dkhakhkh(_at_)mailbox(_dot_)syr(_dot_)edu>
Subject: [xsl] Embedded Xsl

Hi,

I am having a process where in i have written 7 xsl to get 7 output files
from
one input xml files (usually greater than 100 MB). My overall process is
slow
now. I tried to do best optmization like not using // and etc.

How can i make this simple by running it only once. I mean can i do
something
like loading input xml into memory only once and then run seven xsl on it.

Can i call one xsl from other xsl i.e. running first xsl on xml i will all
another xsl from the first xsl and so on.

I hope my question is clear. Thanks in the anticipation that I will get
hints
to solve this problem.

Regards,
Dipesh