xsl-list

good enough XSLT processor

2004-02-25 01:36:46
Hi,

Until now I used Sablotron via Perl to do our XSLT processing, but we found
out that it doesn't handle html entities like $frac12; to xml entities when
using utf8. We have been using Perl to translate these back to xml entities,
but only those that occured. So now we are frequently bugged by new entities
breaking the process when they are introduced.

To make the process solid, I want to replace Sablotron with something else.

It does not have to be (b)leading edge, what's important is
 - a large user community (safety in numbers),
 - industrial/heavy duty quality,
 - startable from the commandline,
 - works on Sun Solaris 2.8 and for the future on Linux
 - low price
Our editor is Epic, and I use XMLspy for XSLT design, if that helps.

Alternatives I see here are Xalan and Saxon?

Thanks,

Cas

--
The information contained in this communication and any attachments is
confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended