xsl-list

RE: Translating XSD into an XSLT, experts approach needed

2004-02-25 02:00:00

of my research I have to investigate and document how a human
expert approaches the task of translating an XSD into an XSL document.

You don't want to write a stylesheet based on a schema alone, as there
is no right or wrong solution.  As long as the xml validates against the
schema, what does it matter what the stylesheet produces?

You do however, want to write a stylesheet based on the output required.
Once you know the output you need, you can set about writing a
stylesheet using the schema/dtd as a reference for all possible inputs.

Do you have the example output required?

cheers
andrew