xsl-list

RE: RE: Problem with this XSLT - Help!!!!!

2004-02-18 10:35:13
As an educated guess, I believe that Xalan interprets the "-" in "U-05585" as
the beginning of a new command-line switch. My first inclination is to quote
the parameter's value on the command line, like this: -param ID "U-05585"
--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     Joe Fawcett <joefawcett(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
Sent:     Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:22:44 +0000
To:       xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject:  RE: [xsl] Problem with this XSLT - Help!!!!!

I'm using then following generic command in a shell script:

              java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8
$9

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in /u/in.xml -xsl /u/find.xsl -out
/tmp/test.txt -param ID U-05585

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the command line syntax for that particular
transformer, but obviously it does not work as expected as transforming with
msxml gives the correct result. I'm sure someone else on the list can help
though.

--
Joe