xsl-list

RE: XPath statement for traversing a nested node structure

2004-02-04 15:21:06
The only way I know to do that in version 1.0 is to take a count() from
your context.

The code I gave you will do that.  I might be misinterpreting you
though.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
scott
gabelhart
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 4:53 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath statement for traversing a nested node
structure

Kenny Akridge wrote:

If you are looking for a simple count of each object within a node(not
sum of objects that includes the table subnode), then both of these
will
work:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:for-each select="//TABLE">
              <xsl:value-of select="concat(count(DPROW/OBJECT),
'&#160;')"/>
      </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="//TABLE"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="TABLE">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="DPROW"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="DPROW">
      <xsl:value-of select="concat(count(OBJECT), '&#160;')"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

However, if you need the sum then you will need to use some
recurision(off hand this is what I am thinking).

I think your problem with DPROW/OBJECT is that you are getting a count
based on the first table context.