xsl-list

need help with XSL statement (location path parenthesis problem)

2004-03-29 05:46:55
Hi,
I have small XSL example which is posing rather large difficulty... I
think due to the use of parenthesis needed for document order location
path. Is there an XML guru that can help me with the correct statement for the example below? Thanks in advance.
 --Alan

In the following XML document, I need to be able to query the following:

1)  The number of reports which are coded with either an "a" or "b"
where the last code (in document order) which is either an "a" or "b" is
an "a".

*correct number is 3 *

2)  The number of reports which are coded with either an "a" or "b"
where the last code (in document order) which is either an "a" or "b" is
a "b".

*correct number is 1*

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<reportlist>