xsl-list

Re: Create XSL with Saxon

2004-03-12 10:21:19
Mark,

At 11:41 AM 3/12/2004, you wrote:
Can it be done? I've been referencing numerous doc on customizing an HTML title page and all say that you can use saxon to create a xsl sheet based upon your customized titlepage.template.xml (spec)file.

The closest I've been able to get is:

C:\>saxon -o /docbook-xsl-1.64.1/html/my.titlepage.templates.xsl /docbook-xsl-1.
64.1/html/my.titlepage.templates.xml /docbook-xsl-1.64.1/html/titlepage.xsl

Which spits out a handful of "no template exists..." errors and doesn't create the desired my.titlepage.templates.xsl file. I'm referencing http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html to perform this...am I doing something wrong? Is the doc wrong? Has anyone else been able to do this?

This list is probably not the best place to ask. We're not all familiar with the particular ins and outs of this application. The kinds of error messages you're getting -- variables not declared, named templates not present -- evidently points to this stylesheet not being complete in itself, but rather depending on other stylesheets, which it includes/imports or which are included/imported by it. But IIRC David already told you that.

Beyond that, who's to say? You could ask on a Docbook list, or contact the distributor of the stylesheets. I'm not saying that you won't get an answer here (much stranger things have happened); but it's not strictly an XSLT question if you want to be persnickety ("nice") about it, but rather a question about this particular app and its architecture.

Good luck,
Wendell

Wendell Piez