xsl-list

Re: Problem writing xsl to convert xml to excel

2004-03-05 09:48:38

Your question is not at all clear but clearly in

         <xsl:value-of select="$cnumber"/>              <!-- cnumber is
         not working  properly. How can I get this working-->

you are going to get the same value at every stage in the for-each as you
are binding the variable outside the loop.

I think you just want <xsl:value-of select="position()"/> don't you?

You do want a variable for the row as you want thatto be constant in the
inner loop but you don't want xsl:number (I suspect) but just

 <xsl:variable name="rownumber" select="position()"/>

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew