xsl-list

RE: Inserting White Space (  ) through XSL.

2004-04-30 08:17:19
From: Animesh Sharma [mailto:asharma(_at_)in(_dot_)firstrain(_dot_)com]

Yeah, you are perfectly right saying that.
but I know a solution for the HTML part of my problem. But
doesn't know how to generate it thorugh XSL. i.e. how to
generate "&nbsp" through XSL.

" " is equivalent to " ".  Either causes the browser to insert
the same character into the document (if not, it would be very unusual,
to say the least).

When I tried your template (without, of course, the part that selects
text from your source document), I did in fact get visible borders on
the cells (in Internet Explorer).

So you need to track down what output you are really getting, and what
is causing cause it to be different from what you expected.  For
example, maybe another template is getting invoked here instead of the
one you expect.  No one here can help you further, given the information
you have provided.

Cheers,

Tom P