xsl-list

Re: Getting position while ignoring empty elements

2004-04-27 05:26:41
Jarno,

Thanks very much, that's a great help.

David

Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to find the position of an element while ignoring all elements containing no text. For example, given the following:

<furniture>
<item>table</item>
<item/>
<item>chair</item>
</furniture>

I would like to output:

Furniture
1. table
2. chair

Should I match all the <item> elements and then only process the ones containing text or should I be matching only those items that are not empty?

Select only those that you want for processing, i.e.

 <xsl:apply-templates select="item[text()]"/>

that way you can use position() for numbering.

Cheers,

Jarno - Assemblage 23: Document (Original Mix)