xsl-list

RE: problem with d-o-e in attribute

2004-04-25 05:29:36
 From: phdrix [mailto:pdrix(_at_)objectiva(_dot_)fr]

 >>No, I must find a mean to obtain :
 >>
 >><foo bar="&apos;bar&apos;"/>
 >>
 >>beacause in OpenOffice styles.xml file, I have such an attribute,
 >>and it must be given as shown above, otherwise OpenOffice crashes
 >>when it tries to load the document.
 >
 >Then I'd report that as a bug.

 You are probably right, but I am still puzzled by tis odd problem,
 and I want first to make it clear.

Hi,

As a workaround, you could try:

<foo bar="{concat('&amp;','apos;bar','&amp;','apos;')}" />

The problem is not how to construct the XML tree in XSLT, but how to serialize it. So, if the XSLT Rec says it is impossible to manage in the way I would like, I have to report a bug to OpenOffice, and to try a work araound in another language (eg Java).
Thanks for your help.
Regards --PhD
Philippe Drix - Objectiva

Consultant Nouvelles Technologies