xsl-list

Re: two input xml files to one xml file

2004-04-18 23:20:22
Hi Ken,

I am new to the XML and XSL. Here is my response inlined.

Thanks,
Gangadhar

G. Ken Holman wrote:
At 2004-04-17 19:29 +0530, Gangadhar Mylapuram wrote:

How to write an XSLT for converting 2 input xml files into 1.

Not a problem with XSLT 1.0.

I have tow xml files with their own dtds and i have output xml with its own dtd.

DTD's are irrelevant in XSLT.

From my understanding dtd's provide definition for the xml file we are going to write. Am I correct?

In this case, If I want cover all the definitions i should refer dtd's while writing XSLT file. In this case how the dtd's are irrelevant in XSLT.

Can any body provide me how to start from the root?

Remember in XSLT you are constructing a result from your sources.

You can start with the source supplied on the command line and then access the second document using the document() function ... that will give you both of your input XML documents as XPath node trees ready to work with.

You are obliged to build the result in result parse order, so just determine which content you need in the result, in which order, and construct it accordingly one element at a time from each node tree.

Thanks for clearing my doubt.

I hope this helps.

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Each week:   Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO

G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc