xsl-list

RE: Using a custom URIResolver

2004-04-06 23:32:47
Hello Dave and Michael,

Thanks for your reactions. Please note my comments below.

Dave Pawson wrote:
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect4/N9723.html#d1184e255

Shows a resolver example from Rober Koberg

I don't have a problem with creating a custom URI resolver. I already have done
this and it works fine in other cases. The thing is that I also want to use the
behaviour of the default URI resolver and only want to use my custom methods in
case the default URI resolver fails. The example shows a complete custom URI
resolver.

Michael Kay wrote:
In Saxon, calling getURIResolver() on the Transformer object will give = you
the standard URI resolver if no user-defined
URIResolver has been set; however, the JAXP specification isn't explicit that
this is what should happen,
and I've no idea if Xalan does the same.

I've already tried what the getURIResolver() method in Xalan does when you
haven't first set a custom URI resolver. It returns null and therefore I can't
use the example of Michael. Of course I could switch to Saxon, but I'm already
using Xalan for other actions in the same project and I don't want to use more
software than necessary.
However, this raised the idea to check if there already is a URI resolver
(default) implementation in the Saxon source and use this to create a custom
URI resolver for Xalan. In the Xalan source I can't find anything like this.

Because I don't think that this is the most preferrable solution, better ideas
are always welcome!

Bjorn