xsl-list

RE: Using a custom URIResolver

2004-04-05 09:41:44
I'm not sure there is a portable way to do this. Given a specific JAXP
implementation (such as Saxon or Xalan) you can do it by making your
URIResolver be a subclass of the standard URIResolver, and invoking the
super.resolve() method. You could make it a bit more portable by having your
URIResolver accept a reference to the standard URIResolver using a
setStandardURIResolver() method when it is first instantiated.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Björn Boxstart [mailto:Boxstart(_at_)dcdds(_dot_)nl]
Sent: 05 April 2004 12:40
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Using a custom URIResolver

Hello all,

I'm using a custom URIResolver in a transformation. This is
because I'm using the document function to find related
documents for the document that is currently being
transformed. What I want is that only when the referenced
file is not being found by the default URIResover, that my
custom URI Resolver takes over and finds a template to be
used for that single transformation.

The problem that I have is that I first want the default URI
Resolver to act and only when it's result is null or an
exception, that my custom URI resolver takes over. Until now
I can only find how to use the default URI resolver (in case
my own URI resolver cannot resolve the reference) by using
null as the return value of the resolve() method.

Is there anybody who knows how to solve this problem or else
what the code is for the default implementation of the
default URI resolver so that I can modify it to let it act as
I want it to?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Björn Boxstart