xsl-list

RE: creating multiple namespace definitions in top element of output document

2004-04-05 09:38:10
If you are generating the <html> element using a literal result element,
just ensure these namespaces are in scope in the stylesheet.

If you are generating it using <xsl:element>, use the new <xsl:namespace>
instruction to add the namespace nodes.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: xml4pharma(_at_)compchemcons(_dot_)com
[mailto:xml4pharma(_at_)compchemcons(_dot_)com]
Sent: 05 April 2004 11:10
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] creating multiple namespace definitions in top
element of output document

I have an XML document which I want to transform into an XForms
document.
The source XML document does not know anything about XForms, XHTML nor
Schemas.

In the top element of the output document (i.e. the result of the
stylesheet transformation), I want to have multiple namespace
declarations, e.g.:

xmlns:xforms="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>

How do I do that in my stylesheet ?

I do already use XSLT2.0 with Saxon7 as my transformation engine.

Many thanks in advance

Jozef Aerts
Germany