xsl-list

Re: XHTML to XHTML transform

2004-04-02 13:02:25
Hi,

Well, there are a number of possible approaches:

- keep the general matching template as is, and add an empty template in
which you specify which nodes are to be left alone:

<xsl:template match="name | id | short-description | ..." />

(I think this is your best shot if all of the source XML is in the same
(no)
namespace, so the elements that are not to be processed have to be
specified
on an individual basis to be able to distinguish them from those you do
want
processed.)

- make sure the elements you *do* want templates to be applied to are
already in the XHTML namespace in the source XML, and make the general
copy
template match pattern :

<xsl:template match="*[namespace-uri()='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml']">

Hope this helps!

Well now you bring up some great points, what if I name my <box> element
<mynamespace:box> ???
Does that make things easier?

The solution I came up with is to use parameters wherever possible, since I
wont need the empty template solution for that (although the option is
available if I ever want to use text nodes...).
but using the match *[namesapce-uri()='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'] it
looks like I could only apply the copy template to elements not in the
"mynamespace:" namespace... is that right?

-Jeff