xsl-list

RE: centralised alphabetical order ...

2004-04-01 03:21:03
Hello,
I think i am quite close to solving my problem but i am trying to create a key which groups titles with the same starting letter togather. This is the xsl:
------------------
-------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xx="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; exclude-result-prefixes="xx">
<xsl:output method="html" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />

<xsl:variable name="index">
<Best_Practices>http://....data.xml</Best_Practices>
<Business_and_Technical_Education>http://....data3.xml</Business_and_Technical_Education>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:variable name="nsindex" select="xx:node-set($index)"/>

<!--Create a key to catgeorise titles by first letter-->
<xsl:key name="cat-by-firstocc" match="document($nsindex/)//link" use="substring(title,1,1)" />

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:for-each select="document($nsindex/*)/root/link">
<xsl:value-of select="title" />
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

------------------------
------------------------

The xml structure of both files (bestpractice and busniess and technical education) are exactly the same, they look like this:

<root>
</root>

Xtrans seems to complain about not allowing a variable "$nsindex" in the match statement for the key tag. How do i create a key to group all files in nsindex by first letter of the titles?

Also, i have never created an xsl which only uses imported files before. What do i perform the translation against, an empty xml file?

cheers