xsl-list

RE: exclude-result-prefixes issue

2004-05-27 09:13:30
From: Matt Frank [mailto:mfrank(_at_)quadrem(_dot_)com]

Actually it is critical to declare the other xmlns
attributes.  Now whether I do it at the element or the
stylesheet level  does not really matter to me if there is a
way to do it.  I have been toying with several scenarios but
have been unsuccessful getting the exact output I need.
Right now I am the removal of one namespace away from my desired
result.

I just need the namespace tied to the <SOAP-ENV:Body
xmlns:SOAP-ENV = "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope"/> removed.

You still have not given us any rason why you care where the namespace
is declared or why you care if a particular prefix is present or not, as
long as the actual namespaces in effect are the correct.  If you do your
own processing and it depends on that kind of detail, it is liable to
break when someone sends you a message that does not follow your desired
conventions.

OTOH, if you are like me, you just want to find out how to achieve a
particular result because that would be part of your professional
knowledge, and so you want to be able to do it.  If that is the case, be
aware that no one is going to be able to give any more useful help
without seeing your stylesheet, since it is details in the stylesheet
(combined with the source) that cause these namespace items to move
around in the output.

But PLEASE, simplify the stylesheet down to the minimum that exibits the
behavior.  Don't make us wade through a long, complex document.  And the
in the simplification itself, you may discover the answer you seek.

Cheers,

Tom P