xsl-list

RE: XSLT-Numerical character entity output

2004-05-26 04:54:51
With method="xml", Saxon only uses saxon:character-representation to decide
how to represent characters that aren't in the selected encoding. It
therefore has no effect when encoding="utf-8".

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Lloyd [mailto:steve(_dot_)lloyd(_at_)ibo(_dot_)org]
Sent: 26 May 2004 11:24
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XSLT-Numerical character entity output

I am trying to generate an xhtml+mathml document in which the more
esoteric maths characters are represented in the output by
their decimal
numeric entities rather than the character.
I thought I'd got the solution with the
'saxon:character-representation'
attribute on <xsl:output>.

I use:
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" encoding="utf-8"
saxon:character-representation="decimal"/>

...but am still not getting entities on output of characters
such as  #8477.

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?

--
Steve Lloyd, XML Developer-Editorial Production Dept.
International Baccalaureate Organisation