xsl-list

RE: Changing prefix

2004-05-20 02:22:00

 I have an app that uses MathML, and gathers some stats from
it.  But i ran into a problem when using mml tags embedded in
docbook,  as this app uses the "math" prefix, and in docbook
mathml tags  are prefixed with "mml".

 I am trying to do a stylesheet that copies all mathml
elements,  including attributes, data etc.. just changing the prefix.

I don't think this is possible using xslt 1.0, as this prefix is
considered non-important (although I've got a feeling there is a work
around, can't remember it for now)

 Any idea ?

Use Saxon 7.9.x and the xsl:namespace element of xslt 2.0 as this allows
you to specify the prefix.

cheers
andrew