xsl-list

RE: Help: Reasons to use XML/XSL ?

2004-05-19 07:51:52
I really could go on forever talking about the different areas where
I've found it to be incredibly useful but, my top picks have to be:

1. Heirarchical menus - storing them (XML), formated output (XSLT and
even client XSLT if available).

2. Higly abstracted data grids - formated output (XSLT and event client
XSLT if available). I hate to brag... Or maybe not... I can get data
from any stored proc in formated output with sorting, paging, and
filtering on a web page in one line of code. All thanks to a modular
approach and a bit of XML+XSLT.

3. Newsfeeds - RSS is so easy with XSLT!

And finally it is hard to ignore something millions have _chosen_ to use
(unless you're suffering from a crisis of identity or something  :-)
).

-Adam Griffin