xsl-list

RE: Re: how to split one xml to multiple xml files

2004-05-05 10:47:11
My goal is to use the xsl to split a large xml into multple
smaller xml
files and save them on the disk.

How can I achieve this goal?  I read about saxon extension
saxon:output and
xsl:result-document.  Which one is good for me for my task?  How can I
instruct the xsl processor what the directory the output file
should be
saved at using href attributes? and without using -o .

saxon:output was the Saxon extension used in Saxon 6.x to achieve multiple
output files; xsl:result-document is the replacement facility in XSLT 2.0,
which is implemented in Saxon 7.x. The xsl:result-document facility requires
that output files are stored relative to the principal result file; this is
a security precaution to make sure that the stylesheet has access to the
filestore where it is writing. (saxon:output in 6.5.3 doesn't have this
rule, which means it has a security risk if you allow untrusted stylesheets
to run on your machine, which is why there is a flag to disable this
facility, along with extension functions).

I don't know enough about the ant XSLT task to know how you would set this
flag, you may have to call the XSLT processor directly.

Michael Kay