xsl-list

RE: How to quote "${abc}" so it will pass through without evaluation?

2004-06-23 07:18:08
From: Karr, David [mailto:david(_dot_)karr(_at_)wamu(_dot_)net]

-----Original Message-----
From: Passin, Tom [mailto:tpassin(_at_)mitretek(_dot_)org]
Double the braces -

{{$abc}}

This helped, but it actually appears to require "${{abc}}".
That translates to "${abc}" in the output, as I needed.

Ah, I slightly misunderstood the form of what you wanted.

Where is it described exactly what that's supposed to do?  Is
this described in MK's XSLT Prog. Ref. - First Edition?

It's in the xslt recommendation.  The braces delineate an "Attribute
Value Template".   That means that the processor is supposed to evaluate
what's in the braces as an xslt expression.  Doubling the braces is the
escape mechanism to prevent the evaluation.  You would use an AVT to
insert values into an attribute.

Cheers,

Tom P