xsl-list

RE: Writing an Var into a file

2004-06-23 07:00:33
The xsl:message instruction is designed for this purpose. You will need to
look at your particular processor's documentation to see how to direct the
message output to a file. In Saxon it is written to the standard error
output, which you can direct to a file from the command line, e.g. 2>log.xml

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Kohnert [mailto:J(_dot_)Kohnert(_at_)swisslab(_dot_)de]
Sent: 23 June 2004 12:56
To: 'xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] Writing an Var into a file

Hello List,

I have the Var calles $This.

For debuging reasons I want to output the variable into a
output XML file.
The XML file is not the same as the general sytelsheets
output. In the end I
want to have two files. The general output, and the XML file including
"$This".

I was thinking about using something similiar to this:
 <xsl:copy-of select="document('This.xml')/$This)"/>

But that did not work.

Do You have an idea of how I could copy $This inot this.xml?

Thanks!!!