xsl-list

RE: xsl:param -- passing multiple values

2004-06-17 22:36:26

Actually I solved my own problem by using the id() function. I setup my
xml file with a DTD up to for the product model number as the id:

<!DOCTYPE category [
<!ELEMENT product (category)>
<!ATTLIST product
id ID #REQUIRED>
]>

Then I pass the id values from the form  onto the xsl processor with the
xml and xsl file the id values get put into a xsl:parm and then I put
that parameter into a for-each statement, so the part that outputs the
data looks like this.

<xsl:for-each select="id($myparam)/property[position() = $row-no]">
       <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:for-each>

...so only the data for the model numbers passed to the xsl will be
displayed. I am amazed that it actually works myself, I was pretty much
trying everything including some voodoo chants and tried this out just
for kicks and what do you know.  The xsl is probably a bit sloppy and
probably goes against the purpose of xsl, but since I can't seem to find
a better solution using XSLT 1.0 this should do for now.