xsl-list

Reading value of passed variable

2004-06-16 16:32:11
Hello,

I'm trying to read value of a variable who's name is passed to the xslt processor as argument.

My source file has something like:
<var name="$somevar"/>

The variable $xsltvar will be defined at the processor's runtime, so it has some value ("test" just for the sake of example - as if <xsl:variable name="somevar" select="'test'"/> was used). Now what I'm trying to do is to have xslt output the value of this variable.

I've tried using <value-of select=""> with selecting the name attribute from the var node, but to no avail.

<xsl:template match="var">
    <xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
</xsl:template>

This, naturally, prints out the name of the variable ("$somevar"), but I can't get the actual value of the variable.

any ideas?

Thanks,
Mayo