xsl-list

RE: More mixed XML & HTML

2004-06-15 09:05:55
From: Stephen Tredrea [mailto:stephen(_dot_)tredrea(_at_)com-du-it(_dot_)com]

What I'm
trying to do is create 'placeholders' in the XSL that will
write all the appropriate HTML within the related node. What
is does currently is write the HTML AND the XML tag so I see
the HTML in the browset window.

You want to copy the contents of the head_sec and body_sec elements to
the output, elements and all, right?  Change from what you have to this
-

With this you can get rid of that catch-all template you have at the
end.  Make sure to include the "/*", otherwise the head_sec element will
be copied too, which is not what you want.

Notice that I changed from your "//head_sec"  to "/root/head_sec".  It
won't matter in your example because it is so samll, but in general,
don't use "//" unless you don't know where an element is located or you
need to select elements of any depth of nesting.  Using // forces the
processor to examine every branch all the way to its end, each time you
specify it.  That can take a long time for a large, complex document.

Cheers,

Tom P