xsl-list

RE: encoding shift_jis into an attribute

2004-06-03 12:21:44
Hello Josh,

I never really explained the "why".  This stylesheet creates an HTML
page that describes a table of contents for our product's help system
from an XML-file.  Clicking on a link with the "matlab:" protocol in our
help browser runs a command in the MATLAB programming language.  That
command can do some processing, create another page, and display it back
into the help browser.  I wanted this command to receive the text
ready-to-display, since it was just going to be throwing it back up into
the browser anyway.  I thought this was all working fine until our
Japanese office localized these XML-files and I started getting URL
encoded text.  I integrated the fix into my stylesheet and it all seems
to be working fine.

Sincerely,
Matthew Simoneau
The MathWorks, Inc.