xsl-list

Re: Sorting unique and sub-total problem

2004-06-03 11:32:18
Roger,

Yes, this is definitely progress.

At 02:01 PM 6/3/2004, you wrote:
Thanks a lot for the pointer.... I have now progressed some what, but I
still can see to get subtotals...
I stripped the XSL down so I can concentrate on the problem.  So now I
have....

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:key name="cards" match="ITEM" use="CARD/@number" />

<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:for-each select="/ITEMS" >
                  <xsl:call-template name="create-body" />
      </xsl:for-each>
 </xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="create-body" >
<BR/>
SELECTING UNIQUE USING A FOR-EACH
<xsl:for-each select="./ITEM[CARD/@number and
      generate-id(.) = generate-id(key('cards', CARD/@number))]" >

      <BR/>
      CARD:   <xsl:value-of select="./CARD/@number"/>
      NUMBER: <xsl:value-of select="count(key('cards', ./CARD/@number))" />

</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

This is cool, but I think you don't want the count() function (which counts a set of nodes) but rather the sum() function (which sums the numeric values of a set of nodes).

Would that do it?

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez