xsl-list

RE: for-each inside an attribute value template

2004-07-28 07:44:54
In XPath 2.0 you could use an XPath expression in your AVT containing a for
expression, something like

href="{string-join(for $x in //param return concat(keyword, '=', value),
'&')}"

In 1.0, don't use AVTs, use xsl:attribute

<xsl:attribute name="href">
  <xsl:for-each>

  </

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger [mailto:oxyme(_at_)wanadoo(_dot_)nl]
Sent: 28 July 2004 14:47
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] for-each inside an attribute value template

I need to pass parameters in a URL like: <a
href="page.jsp?param1=x&param2=y" />
The number of parameters is unknown.

I want to call the parameters using something like xsl:for-each, but
that won't work inside the href attribute. I'm wondering what
approach
to take. I've tried to escape the <a href=" part, but then it isn't
treated as html anymore. Is there something similar to a
for-each inside
an attribute value template?

I've found something about <xsl:result-document href="{$xyz}"> but am
not sure whether this can solve my problem or is the right
direction to
look.

Roger