xsl-list

DocBook to plain text - what do you use?

2004-07-27 21:23:25
The DocBook XSL stylesheets can produce FO, HTML, XHTML, ... but
I'm wondering: What's a good way to produce plain text?

My searches thus far turn up things like sgmltools-lite and docbook2X,
but I'm interested in XML DocBook, not SGML DocBook, and I prefer not
to use something that requires Jade or DSSSL.

One option is to use the DocBook stylesheets to produce HTML, then
run that through lynx -dump to generate plain text.  Are there other
useful approaches?  What do *you* do?