xsl-list

RE: Infinite Loop when param empty

2004-07-23 00:34:54
I have not come across a case where it makes sense for a tree-valued
parameter to have any default value other than the empty sequence.
Defaulting it to a node in the principal source document, whether this is
the root node or the outermost element, seems an odd thing to do.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl J. Stubsjoen [mailto:karl(_at_)meetscoresonline(_dot_)com]
Sent: 22 July 2004 23:56
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Infinite Loop when param empty

Thanks for the input on the "Infinite Loop".
Is it good practice to explicitly ask for the top level element in the
select property?  So, the xml source being passed in may look like:

<XML_SOURCE>
  <XML_DATA/>
  <XML_DATA/>
  <XML_DATA/>
</XML_SOURCE>

And the parameter looking like:
<xsl:param name="ENTRY_TEMPLATE" select="XML_SOURCE"/>

Karl