xsl-list

RE: Infinite Loop when param empty

2004-07-22 15:01:44
I have a param which is populated with an XML source.

The paramter is declared like this:
<xsl:param name="ENTRY_TEMPLATE" select="/"/>

My top level match is:
<xsl:template match="/">

Within this template rule I apply the following:
<xsl:apply-templates select="$ENTRY_TEMPLATE"/>

If the param ENTRY_TEMPLATE is not set, I end up with an
infinite loop.  Is
this normal behaviour?  I'm guessing that maybe it is bad practice to
declare the param as I have.

Yes, the system is behaving correctly - it is doing exactly what you asked
it to do. And yes, it might be a good idea to ask it to do something
different!

Michael Kay