xsl-list

RE: remote stylesheet with Netscape

2004-07-08 07:06:00
From: Pilotte, James [mailto:jpilotte(_at_)infopro(_dot_)net]
Okay, I know I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to get
Netscape to
recognize that my stylesheet is on a remote server.   I don't have
this
problem
with IE.   I assume there has to be some way to tell Netscape that the
href path
is not "A LOCAL FILE IN THE DIRECTORY FROM WHICH THE XML WAS LOADED"
but
rather
just "AN HTTP ADDRESS FOR A REMOTE SERVER".  I can't seem to find an
XML

attribute which tells the browser not to assume the href refers to the
same base
location as the xml file.  IE seems to recognize that this is a remote
location.

Best to use an absolute url that starts with "http://"; if that is what
you mean.  Xml:base should work but could change the effective locatio
of other things in the stylesheet, depending on details, of course.

If you were using a Microsoft network address, like \\host\drive:path,
Mozilla won't be able to use that and so the file will not be found.  IE
will, though.

Cheers,

Tom P