xsl-list

Re: Urgent help required Node.getLocalName()

2004-08-26 10:43:58
Right, still not an XSL question... even though you eventually use
XSL. You'll need to consult either the Xerces list, or the Xerces
documentation to find out what you are supposed to do.

I tried a little google action just to see if I could find a possible
answer to your question, so I queried "getlocalname null", here is a
link to the results page:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=getlocalname+null

amazingly (no joke, with that query I was amazed) the first hit
(http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-dev(_at_)xml(_dot_)apache(_dot_)org/msg21176.html)
had this code:

path[startIndex].equals(item.getLocalName()!=null?item.getLocalName():item.getNodeName())

which suggests that null is an expected return value from
getLocalName(), and thus you should fall back to getNodeName().

This is still not an XSL question, so if this doesn't help please sign
up for the Xerces mailing list.

Josh

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:04:45 -0700 (PDT), Ranjan K. Baisak