xsl-list

Re: Split HTML File Into XML and XSL

2004-08-18 02:10:36

   I have studied several tutorials, and have also read all of the
   documentation at www.W3.org, but I am unable to figure out how to split this
   HTML file into an XML file with an XSL stylesheet, without generating an
   error.

   Once I have the base XML/XSL file, I should be able to do everything I need
   to do without any problems.

   Would somebody please tell me what to do with this section (please? pretty
   please? pretty please with a cherry on top?):

You have given no indication at all what kind of problem or error you
are having.
You also show some lines of a document but don't say what you think that
document is doing or whether it is html or xml.

however..

DOCTYPE and PUBLIC have to be upper case so this line will generate an error as
HTML
or XML If the file is intended to be XML then you can not just have a
PUBLIC ID you also have to have a URI

   <?IS10744:arch name="linkone-enabled"
                                   public-id="-//LinkOne//NOTATION AFDR ARCBASE
Linkone enabled//EN"
                                           auto=nArcAuto?>

If that is intended to be an IS10744 PI inside an HTML file then it
should end with > not ?> If it is intended to be an XML processing
instruction than it does need to end in ?> but the name IS10744:arch
does not conform to the XML namespace spec as IS10744 isn't declared as
a namespace and you can't use prefixed names in processing instructions.

If this is intended to be HTML it should not have an xmlns declaration,
if it is intended to be xhtml that is the wrong namespace, it should be
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtm.

David

   Thank you,
   Trevor