xsl-list

Re: Split HTML File Into XML and XSL

2004-08-17 10:57:30
Hi Trevor,
you see, it's always a good idea to give a precise description of your problem
:)

You are adding the PI "as-is" to your stylesheet, which would be OK if it was
a processing instruction for the stylesheet. But of course you want a PI for
the output HTML document. I think you will need something like:

<xsl:processing-instruction name="IS10744:arch">
  name="linkone-enabled"
  public-id="-//LinkOne//NOTATION AFDR ARCBASE Linkone enabled//EN"
  auto=nArcAuto
</xsl:processing-instruction>

HTH,
Anton Triest

----- Original Message -----
From: "Trevor Majic" <majic87(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] Split HTML File Into XML and XSL

I do know how to make an XML file, and and XSL file (not great
ones.....yet).  That doesn't seem to be where I am having the problem.  The
problem seems to be in getting the PI to work:

<?IS10744:arch name="linkone-enabled" public-id="-//LinkOne//NOTATION AFDR
ARCBASE Linkone enabled//EN" auto=nArcAuto?>

When I add the PI above, an error message is generated (can't include
colons).  If I change <?IS10744:arch to just <?IS10744 (by removing :arch),
the page opens without an error message and the data displays, but the
Linkone entry does not work (ie. the Linkone Selection Icon doesn't display
in Linkone:  <td linkone-enabled="field" le-name="Stock Code"
le-select="always">500100</td>).  (Please note: the HTML in the original
thread, with the PI above, does display the Linkone Selection icon in
Linkone).  It appears that I am doing something wrong in my XSL.

Here is my XML file (reduced to 1 item):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml:stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='StockCodesStylesheet.xsl'?>

<stockcodes>
    <indivitems>
        <groupcode>Bolts</groupcode>
        <stockcode>0015236</stockcode>
        <uoi>Ea</uoi>
        <supplier>
                <suppliername>ABC Supplies</suppliername>
                <supplieraddress>
                        <supplierstreet>123 Maple Way</supplierstreet>
                        <suppliercity>Wpg</suppliercity>
                        <supplierpostal>R3J2E7</supplierpostal>
                </supplieraddress>
        </supplier>
        <stockdescriptions>
                <description1>Bolt</description1>
                <description2>1/2 inch</description2>
        </stockdescriptions>
        <partnumber>12bbdgr531</partnumber>
    </indivitems>
</stockcodes>

This is my XSL:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<?IS10744 name="linkone-enabled"
public-id="-//LinkOne//NOTATION AFDR ARCBASE Linkone enabled//EN"
auto=nArcAuto?>

<xsl:template match="stockcodes">

        <xsl:for-each select="indivitems">

le-select="always"><xsl:value-of
select="stockdescriptions/description1"/></td>

le-name="Description"><xsl:value-of
select="stockdescriptions/description2"/></td>

        </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong, or more precisely, what I
need to change?

Thanks,
Trevor